Cracking Catalogue for Christmas Dairy Show
Greenslade Taylor Hunt’s annual Christmas Cracker Show and Sale concludes a year of monthly sales at Sedgemoor Auction Centre.
The sale features a broad spectrum of dairy cattle from calves through to freshly calved cows and includes the dispersal of Henry Young’s homebred Holstein and Guernsey herd from Hampshire.
We thank all of our vendors and purchasers who have supported our sales throughout the year. We also thank our sponsors who have kindly donated £1800 prize money to the best cattle on offer. The sponsorship includes £100 to the purchasers of both the highest priced cow and the highest priced heifer.
As usual in addition to the commercial cattle we have animals catalogued to get the breeding enthusiast excited and in this sale we have a couple of highlights to include:
• Wiltor Krunch Cindy – April 2014 born heifer from the Chassity Family, Top genomic sire with a GPLI of £441, GTPI 2257 & GPTAT 2.71
• Sahara Shotglass Isa – April 2014 born Heifer from the sister to Snowmaster and going back to the Deliia family, GPLI £439, GTPI 2291 & GPTAT 2.35
• Shanael Artes Asset – She sells freshly calved she is from the same family as Canyon-Breeze Allen and many other bulls
• Moorshard Artes Lila Z – She sells freshly calved from the heart of the Lila Z ‘s
• Otter Marvel – She sells freshly calved and is sister to Ex92 cow still on the Summerhayes’ Farm
• Holmead Lakota Rose – She sells freshly calved and is bred from 14 generations of VG and Excellent
There are a number of new consignors to the monthly sales including the Gold Cup Winning ‘Kingspool’ herd and Alan Gregory’s ‘Boxbrook’ Herd. We also have a number of large consignments from our regular vendors including 10 or more from Bettiscombe, Pinksmoor and Rookhaye.
A number of well-bred bulls are included from families such as Gypsy Grand, Lila Z, Lulu and Roxy and top bulls like Dakker, Numero Uno, Steady and Snowmaster.
A feature of the sale is Henry Young’s Dispersal Sale of 68 Holsteins Friesians and Guernseys, the cattle have never been pushed and are grazed on the south coast, these cows are highly recommended and the sale represents a last opportunity to acquire cattle from a genuine dispersal sale this year.
The youngstock section starts the sale at 11am with Geoffrey Ash’s Pinksmoor heifer calves, After the dispersal sale we have 30 incalf heifers from Cole Farming Ltd (Dispersal), Grangemore, Andy Neill Farm Services Ltd, Otter and AA Witcombe & Son. There are also 7 bulling heifers from Kathleen Hill’s Sampfordel herd.
A large amount of choice along with complimentary festive refreshments makes the Christmas Cracker Show and Sale an unmissable opportunity. We look forward to welcoming you to Sedgemoor.
Catalogues are available to view at www.gth.net. For further information please contact 01278 410250 or email@example.com