Development land and planning specialists Greenslade Taylor Hunt are marketing a residential development site close to Dartmoor National Park.

The site at Bridestowe, near Okehampton, already has outline planning permission for 24 homes – a mix of houses and bungalows. West Devon Borough Council will decide the precise make up of the development at the reserved matters’ stage.

The planning consent granted in December 2018 stipulated that 60% of the homes – around 15 properties will be open market, with the remaining 40% being affordable.

The permission is subject to a number of conditions including contributions towards education and recreation. In total this amounts to around £141,649 plus indexation.

Bridestowe is a village steeped in history with records dating back to 1641. It also has a number of essential modern amenities including village school, stores, Post Office, pub and village hall. It is around six miles from Okehampton and just under 16 from Launceston.

The site is located on the West of the village and extends to 2.59 acres (1.05 hectares) and comprises agricultural land. Offers in the region of £800,000 are invited for the site.

Interested parties have until 12 noon on Friday, April 3, to register offers on an unconditional or conditional basis.

For more information and to arrange a viewing please contact Tim Smith at Greenslade Taylor Hunt’s Exeter office on 01392 908777 or Jack Sellick at the Taunton office on 01823 334466.