Development land and planning specialists Greenslade Taylor Hunt have successfully agreed the sale of a residential development site near the centre of a picturesque West Devon town.

The Depot, Devonshire Gardens, North Tawton, extends to approximately 1.54-acres (0.62-hectares) and was sold on behalf of Pennon Group.  The site has outline planning permission for up to 14 dwellings and was offered to the market with a guide price of £300,000.

The site has been purchased by Hembury Homes a South Devon-based house builder that create high quality housing in Devon.

The ancient market town of North Tawton has a population of just over 2,000 people and is home to a range of amenities including a primary school, which is rated “good” by Ofsted, medical practice, dentist, several pubs and a rugby club.

In December 2019 West Devon Borough Council granted outline planning permission for a mix of 14 homes - terraced, semi-detached and detached properties together with associated infrastructure works, subject to a range of conditions.

The proposed scheme comprises eight two-bedroom dwellings and six three-bedroom dwellings. 70% (approximately 10 homes) will be open market, with the remaining 30% will be affordable.

Hembury Homes Managing Director Dan Salt said: “The planning permission ensures that the scheme will contribute to the local education needs, with secured allocations of circa £65,000.”

If you would like advice from our Development Land & Planning team, please find their contact details HERE.