This is a full time, fixed term, maternity cover position commencing asap.
An opportunity has arisen for an Administrator to support our Agricultural & Rural Professional team in our busy office in Chard. The role is key to the success of the department in providing an excellent service to both external and internal customers. This is a demanding role in a busy environment.
Specific tasks include:
- Audio typing of emails, letters, reports and other documents.
- Saving, printing, filing, archiving, scanning documents and general day to day administration.
- Being part of the extended team answering telephone enquiries, directing calls to colleagues, assisting with queries and taking messages.
- Using MS Word and Excel to generate reports and schedules, prepare letters for onward transmission using MS Outlook.
- Progress chasing as directed. Liaising with other departments.
- Supporting other members of the team as and when required.
The Successful Candidate:
The ideal candidate will have a great attitude to work, be personable and extremely keen to learn. You will need to have previous experience in working in a busy multi-disciplined department. Previous experience is essential in audio typing, using MS Word and MS Excel. A typing test will be required as part of the interview process.
Skills & Abillities:
- Excellent audio typing skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Organised and methodical.
- Client focused both internally and externally.
- Proven track record in secretarial/administrative support.
- Carrying out tasks with a high degree of efficiency and accuracy.
- Ability to operate to strict deadlines.
- Ability to work under own initiative.
Now is an exciting time to join the team at GTH. We are proud of our strong reputation in the South West and our ability to deliver good results for clients. In return for your commitment we will support your ambitions and give you the scope to grow your role and progress within the firm. In addition to a generous salary that reflects your experience, we offer:
- A generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays and gifted days at Christmas.
- A pension scheme
- Social events throughout the year
Greenslade Taylor Hunt is one of the largest firms of Chartered Surveyors, auctioneers and estate agents in the West Country, with a wide range of roles and career opportunities. High quality service and professional advice are central to the firm’s continuing success as a leading property specialist in the area, combined with the personal touch and friendliness that characterises our firm and helps us retain staff for many years.