5 Tips for Buyers in a Busy Market
Buying a new home can be an overwhelming and daunting process, especially if you are buying your first house. This is why at GTH we have put together 5 of our essential house buying tips to help guide you through this exciting time.
- Apply for a mortgage in principle – even if you haven’t found ‘the one’ yet. If you’re ready to buy, but you haven’t got a mortgage agreed in principle yet, you’ll save valuable time by starting this process now.
- Find a solicitor - Do you have a solicitor ready to go to help you with conveyancing? Valuable time can be lost once your offer has been accepted if you still need to find someone to help you to get the documentation for the sale completed.
- If you have to sell your home to move, instruct an estate agent now - If you have a property to sell, contact your local estate agent now about getting it listed for sale. You’ll be in a much stronger position as a buyer if you are in the process of selling your home, or have already accepted an offer.
- Ask for help - instruct a local agent - Of course we would say this - but in a busy market, help is always a good thing. With our many years of experience, our crucial understanding of housing market trends, and multiple locations across the South West, we really can help in finding you your dream home.
- Sign up for instant property alerts - These can be super helpful to stay present in a busy housing market. Whatever platform you are using, make sure you turn on Instant Property alerts so you are alerted immediately when a property matching your criteria comes to market.
We hope that our 5 tips for buyers in a busy market will help guide you to a stress free home buying experience. Whilst it is natural to feel overwhelmed when it comes to buying a home, remember to always seek advice and guidance from your local estate agents whenever you are uncertain. You can also check out our other blog posts and guides to home buying and selling here.
If you have any questions, or want more advice on buying a house or other property, call one of our experts today and find out more about how we can help you buy your dream home, stress free. Find your local Estate Agent office here.