Barn Conversion on land near Cullompton, Devon
Leigh Hill Farm
At a glance
- Range of traditional agricultural buildings identified as having potential for residential conversion
- Assembled a professional team to provide measured structural and ecological surveys
- Prepared & submitted planning application, Planning statement & architectural drawings
- With planning permission in hand, achieved a sale at a favourable price for our client
- Subsequently instructed by purchaser to prepare a revised design proposal and to apply for building regulations approval
On behalf of a deceased estate, our team was instructed to advise on planning potential at a farm near Collumpton. Our planning consultant undertook a site visit and noted a range of traditional agricultural buildings which, whilst generally run done and with some structural issues, were identified as having potential for residential conversion.
Following initial favourable pre-application advice from Mid Devon District Council, we assembled a professional team to prepare the technical documents to support the planning application, including measured, structural and ecological surveys. Our architectural team prepared a detailed design scheme for conversion to three dwellings, seeking to maximise potential whilst keeping alterations to the buildings to a reasonable minimum, and avoiding harm to the neighbouring Listed building. Our planning team prepared a detailed Planning Statement which justified the development in relation to local and national planning policy. With our client's approval, the application was submitted to Mid Devon District Council. The application was monitored throughout the planning process, and some minor alterations were made to the proposal at the request of the planning officer, resulting in planning permission being granted. We were instructed to sell the property, resulting in a sale at a favourable price for our client. Our Architectural team was subsequently instructed by the purchaser to prepare plans for a revised design proposal and to apply for building regulations approval for the development.
How Can We Help?
If you are wishing to sell or develop your residential, agricultural or commercial land and buildings, you can rely on the expertise of our development land, planning and architecture & design teams.